Thursday 14 June 2007

What if my business idea fails?

One of the biggest reasons that a lot of people don't go through with what they set out to do is because of their fear of failure. What if I mess things up? What if I lose all my money? What if it all goes "pear-shaped"? What if? What if?

Whilst it is important to do some research into your planned business venture, and ensure that there is some viability in the project, eventually you just have to take that leap of faith and believe in yourself and your own capabilities. Otherwise, if you continue to procrastinate, your "what ifs?" soon turn into "why am I doing this?" In other words, the longer you contemplate things, the more likely you are to talk yourself out of going through with your plans.

At the end of the day, ask yourself "what's the worse thing that can happen?" If you can live with the consequences, then why not give it a shot!

No comments: