Friday 8 June 2007

Read, read.....and read some more.

As I mentioned previously, I have never done any type of business related subject in my life. Therefore, the only way for me to learn how to run a business has been first hand experience. Whilst it is true that we often learn best from our own mistakes, it is often better to learn from other people's mistakes (preferably before we make them ourselves).

For this reason, I recommend reading as many books as possible about business related matters. Rather than going straight for the "text book" methods of business, I've always preferred to read books written by those who have, or do, run a successful business themselves. As most business owners know, the practical can quite often differ from the text book.

Furthermore, don't think that the books you read have to be directly related to your line of work. In fact, some of the best business lessons and tips I've learned have come from books and articles totally unrelated to my line of work, but somehow connected by underlying business basics and themes.

What business books have influenced your business decisions?

No comments: