Thursday 31 May 2007

Why GripSox(TM)?

Sometimes the best ideas come about by chance. Other times, they come about by a need to fulfil a gap in the marketplace.

The idea for my GripSox(TM) product essentially came about because my existing clientele called for them, perhaps even without thinking that I would be able to fulfil their need. As a result of them slipping whilst performing their pilates exercises, there did seem to be an apparent need for such a product.

Whilst I was aware of the presence of little baby socks with grip soles, the question was, how can I take a similar existing product and market it in a way that would attract a whole new marketplace?

Afterall, many entrepreneurs are not inventors, rather, they take an existing product and launch it into a totally new marketplace.

No comments: